Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Little Green Dress?

Can we talk fashion here for a minute? Because I feel like I haven't talked fashion for awhile and, my friends, that is completely unacceptable.

So, my brother's wedding is in a few weeks, the wedding that very well may wind up being the wedding from hell, for more reasons than there is space on this blog to fill. Anyway, I've actually been considering wearing a dress I already own to this wedding. I, who have been known to buy a new dress for each wedding I've attended, even when we have like 5 in one summer. And even when all of them have been for people I've either never met, or hardly remember, including Ron's third cousins, once removed. So it strikes me as strange that I wouldn't get a new dress for a wedding of someone who shares my DNA.

I perused the Ann Taylor website, my dress go-to store of choice, and found some interesting options. Now I have to do a reading at the wedding, so I don't want anything TOO flashy, but let's pretend I don't care about it being strapless or showing my shoulders (I'd likely wear a cardigan for the ceremony).

What do you think:
Option 1 Too bold?
Option 2 Too similar to Option 1?
Option 3 I have to admit that I'm a little bit obsessed with this dress because it's not black and I do love green. That said, I'm not sure the empire waist will be flattering on me.
Option 4 This one is actually from J. Crew and it's a style that I had tried on for my friend Deidre's wedding. I know it's flattering, it is pretty, particularly in that kelly green color, but I'm not a super huge fan of chiffon and it's also...slightly boring?

Hmmm....suggestions, in addition to the selections above, are welcome.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Christy said...

The J Crew one is my least favorite. I love the green print one from Ann Taylor. Super cute.

Any of the Ann Taylor ones are cute though.

 
At 8:49 AM, Blogger irishdo said...

Wait....you were not going to buy a new dress. Are you ill???????

I REALLY like the 1st one. I love the color of the J Crew one but I think you would easily get annoyed with the chiffon. I must say, had that color been out circa March 07 I totally would have picked it.

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Star said...

#3!!!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I can't believe you overlooked this one as an option: http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product.do?cid=35666&pid=583238

You could be the tigress of the wedding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter