Thursday, May 08, 2008

Living My Life

It's funny, this motherhood thing. You don't turn out to be the mother you thought you'd be. Or that you maybe wanted to be. That's not always a negative, just to say that it's different than you imagine. You begin to realize that the daily grind adds up over time, it adds up to the kind of mother you are, it adds up to an overall picture.

I am having one of those weeks, for no particular reason, when it's tiring. Working full time, being the primary care-giver to a child, paying the bills, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, making the dinner. It's a lot. It's just a part of life, but some days it feels like more than that. I could go on and on about the last time I had a chance to get my hair done, or buy new makeup or do something about the bags under my eyes. But that doesn't make for good blog posts.

You know, still, I'm not going to try to figure out how much I should get paid for this.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter