Monday, January 07, 2008

Weighing In

Last week I went to the doctor's for a routine visit and learned that I'm only 11 pounds heavier than what I consider to be my normal weight. I'm 17 pounds heavier than I was at my wedding, but eh, who's counting? I'm pretty pleased that I basically only have to lose about 10 pounds. I thought the problem was worse, but 10 pounds seems doable. I have to factor in that my metabolism may slow down when I stop breastfeeding next month, but it's still doable. It's entirely possible that once I stop breastfeeding, I'll lose 5 pounds in my boobs alone (here's hoping!).

The fact that many of my pants don't fit me though doesn't really line up with the amount of weight I have to lose. I've been heavier than this and still had my pants fit. Which leads me to believe that things have definitely "shifted" since I had Rolo. My problem may not be so much about losing weight as it is about toning up. I plan on reviving my quest to find a neighborhood gym in the next week or two. Even if I can only go once or twice a week, I would really love to get back in the game next month.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:12 PM, Blogger Christy said...

10 lbs sounds reasonable.

I'm glad you're not aiming for the wedding weight. You were so skinny then. Beautiful, but too skinny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter