Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas

So I haven't been posting much huh? I've been busy, busy, busy, but I can't tell you with what. Living, I suppose.

The Christmas season seems to have passed me by this year. It just doesn't feel like the holidays to me. I'm not sure why. I thought I'd be super excited, particularly because of Rolo, even though he has no clue what's going on. And I have dressed him in Christmas-related attire every day since December 13th. Because what good is having a kid if you can't torture him in holiday-wear? I'd post a picture except that all recent photos live in a place called my camera card. And I'm too darn lazy to download. Sad, isn't it?

We did crazy shopping on Saturday and left Rolo with my in-laws. And even though the mall was crowded, it wasn't unbearable and it was nice for it to be just Ron and I strolling through the crowds, sipping eggnog lattes. Okay, I had an eggnog latte, Ron doesn't try any of the holiday flavors they introduce. I, on the other hand, am a holiday-flavor whore. Bring on the peppermint mochas!

Now the real madness begins. Later this afternoon, we head to the parents-in-law's house for the whole 7 fishes thing (I was up until 11pm last night making myself lasgna rolls to bring). At some point, Ron will head over to his best friend, Mike's house to play Santa for Mike's nieces and nephews. During that time, I'll try to head to church with my sisters-in-law. With any luck, we'll get home by midnight. Then whenever Rolo wakes up tomorrow, likely at about 6am, we'll open presents (yay, presents!). Then we'll trek back out to my sister-in-law's house for a breakfast, which is really just an excuse to watch her kids open their presents from Santa. I'm pretty much hoping this is the last year we're doing this part, because really, I have no intention of rushing Rolo through opening his presents, just so he can go watch his cousins open theirs. THEN, we need to hit the road to head back to NJ to my parents' house. We have to leave Ron's sister's place by noon, and frankly, I'm doubting that will happen. Because I love his family, but I swear their houses are like vortexes of time where you never, ever leave. Every "quick visit" turns into about 5 hours.

Anyway, 'tis the season to be with family, so really I can't complain. But next year, I really need to have all my shopping done in November. Merry Christmas to all!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter