Monday, December 17, 2007

Plague

So on Friday, I was convinced I had food poisoning. I have never, ever been so ill. I don't get sick often, but when I do it's usually just a cold, maybe a fever. In 10 years of working for my company, I've taken 19 sick days (not including maternity leave). So you know, I'm just generally not sickly. So when I was laying on the floor of my bathroom Friday night, praying for death, I was convinced it was food poisoning.

I had sampled my cookie dough earlier that day, the thing you are not supposed to do, but everyone does do and I thought the years of getting away with tasting raw egg finally caught up with me. There was stuff coming out of both ends simultaneously and I know that's gross but it had to be said. Simultaneously. Is that even spelled right? Anyway, I did not know such a thing could happen, so consider yourself warned. I was so dehydrated that I started getting pins and needles in my hands and feet. And suddenly it occurred to me that I was going to pass out. I had to will myself not to faint. It was the weirdest thing.

The only thing that brought me relief was taking literally one sip of Gatorade every 15 minutes for about two hours. It was torture, only taking one sip because I was so, so thirsty but apparently my system couldn't handle anything more than that. I was feeling somewhat better the next day, when Ron came home sick with a similar, but not as severe illness. Now since Ron worked all day Friday, including Friday night, he and I ate none of the same foods, thus tossing out my food poisoning theory. I felt well enough to attend my friend Meghan's brunch yesterday, during which I had my first real piece of food since Friday, an egg frittata. It was delicious and I thought I was on the road to recovery.

Last night, though, the baby had a fever again, which is how I think this whole thing started to begin with, and now today I have a fever and feel like utter hell. So this plague continues. I'm beginning to wonder if Ron, Rolo and myself have created a Bermuda triangle of sorts, an absyss of virus within our household.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter