Friday, February 16, 2007

Wardrobe

I'm not sure how this happened so quickly, but I am 16 weeks pregnant. That's 4 months people!

Anyway, as I've said before, I'm still wearing all my normal clothes for now. I suppose that I need to brace myself for that becoming increasingly impossible. I'm not a huge fan of maternity wear. Perhaps this is because anyone I know who's had kids is like, "Just wait until you have to wear the God-awful maternity clothes." Secretly, they are relishing the idea that I might have to resort to wearing polyester, pastel-y, floral tops that tie in the back. You know the ones, like this. Ugh. Just the thought makes me want to simultaneously itch and vomit. When it gets to that point, A Pea in a Pod isn't too bad for some things. Why the hell doesn't Ann Taylor make maternity wear?

Turns out they do. Sort of. Okay, not really. But God must be smiling down on me because empire waists and gathered fabric are in this season. For example, this shirt at Ann Taylor Loft. See how it's ruched at the top and the fabric is flowy under it? Perfect for hiding a belly. Now, if I were not pregnant, there is no freaking way I would wear this. Because why would I want to wear something that made me look like I was pregnant? And I don't know what even to say about this shirt, because that really looks maternity and not in a good way. Now this one from the regular Ann Taylor isn't bad, although it's a little short, so it would only work for the next two months or so.

Even Banana is getting in the deal, with shirts like this, this and this. Now do those, or do those not, look like they could be maternity shirts? Even dresses like this and this one could work. I mean all these regular clothes might not work when I'm like nine months, but for the immediate future they are totally do-able. Pants, however, are a different story, I think. I'll probably need to buck up and get some jeans and dress pants with elastic waist bands. Which isn't too bad, I mean black pants are black pants even if the do have an enormous band at the waist. For now, I just bought two pairs of jeans in a larger size to tide me over for awhile.

Today, I'm off to shop for some of the tops outlined above. The plan is to wear regular clothes for as long as I can manage. Even if the regular clothes look like maternity ones.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter