Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Moving Forward

So this weekend, my friend Kimberly and I are going for massages. I've never been a massage person. In fact, I've never had a massage. But for some reason I'm ridiculously excited about this. I have no idea what's making me change my tune all of a sudden.

But I've had an epiphany of sorts. Well, maybe just more a change in perspective. There are a lot of things going on right now that I can't control. And I just have to sort of be okay with that. Also, I've realized I'm not working out as much or eating as well as I should be. I know that I always feel better about things in general when I'm eating healthier and exercising. It's funny, because I might have a lousy day and think "tonight I'm taking a night off from the gym" or "today, I totally deserve greasy, fried food." Then maybe I'll justify those things for another day. And another. While I try to convince myself that I do these things to make myself feel better, they actually just trap me in a downward spiral. When I eat like crap, I feel like crap and then have no energy to do the gym thing. It's self-perpetuating nonsense.

So more with the healthy eating. While it's important to listen to your body and all that regarding exercise, particularly while pregnant, I've just been lazy. I haven't lessened my workouts because they've been too much for me, or because I've been tired. Just lazy. And I may as well enjoy working out now, because soon, I won't be able to as easily do the workouts I do now and I'll have to make some modifications. Staying fit during this pregnancy is very important to me. Mostly because I've completely mocked women who have gained like 60 pounds during pregnancy, so I can't very well do the same thing.

So a new state of well-being is beginning. With a new positive energy. I think this massage thing goes along with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter