Monday, February 12, 2007

Cute

So my niece and nephew both went through a phase (well, I guess they're still going through it) where they pronounce my name, my real name, as "Jee-ja". My name isn't the easiest to pronounce, and I'm fairly sure that my 27 year old brother has never actually called me by my full name. Couldn't get the hang of it when he was a baby and gave up trying.

A few months ago, when the nephew was first starting to get the hang of the talking thing (he's two), he started calling me "An Jee-Ja" and then started calling Ron "Unk Jeeja". Which I found hysterical. Now, he says "Unk Ronnie", but he's started referring to me as "Unk Jee-Ja". When we were down in Florida, I would try to correct him, "It's "Aunt" there, kiddo" and he would get it right the next time, but then revert back to calling me "Unk Jee-Ja" shortly thereafter. One time, I asked him "Do I look like a man to you?" and I swear he looked me up and down and said, "YES!" Very enthusiastically too. I put him in a time-out for that one.

Now weeks later, I'm still "Unk Jee-Ja" and I don't have the heart to correct him anymore. It's kind of endearing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter