Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Suggestions, Please

So, my brain? It does not work. Not well anyway. I'm looking for ideas because apparently all ideas have left my brain.

Ron and I are coming up on our anniversary and we're not particularly smushy by nature, but we think we should do something to acknowledge that we've gone a whole 24 months without killing each other. Our anniversary falls mid-week and because we're lame and can't stay awake past 8pm, we're likely to celebrate the weekend before (the weekend after being Easter weekend and there will be much shuffling around of the child to the respective grandparents' houses).

Anyway, SOMEONE, who shall remain NAMELESS, made plans to play poker with his friends that Saturday night, leaving us either Friday night or Sunday to do something. The easiest thing would likely be dinner on Friday night. But I got to thinking that Ron's parents would easily watch Nolan all day Sunday and that Ron and I could actually do something, besides just going to dinner.

So...that's where you come in. Any ideas? Maybe a show, maybe a museum, maybe any plethora of things that are easier to do sans a stroller. C'mon people, what would you do if you had a free day to do whatever you wanted?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Blogger Star said...

Couples massage, late lunch somewhere fabulous and a long walk through the city.

Since that is so not gonna happen, why not drive out to New Hope/Washington's Crossing for the day? Go up in Bowman's Tower, have lunch on the river, tour the cute historic part, and do a little shopping in the afternoon, stop and get ice cream, walk a bit more...get a tattoo =)

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger irishdo said...

Hmm, I don't know that I am much help seeing as how my husband made plans to go out with one of his friends on our anniversary. Granted, it is a Mon and I am working late but still.

If you get any extra ideas, send them my way, otherwise I see Kildares in our future.

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Christy said...

This weekend we're doing a double date with Allen and Matt to have brunch at the Waterworks and see the Frieda Kahlo exhibit. Something like that might be fun for the two of you.

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I have a ticket for Kahlo on Friday - should be a good show. I also like the New Hope idea. Too bad AC isn't as flossy as Vegas. This place is bananas but there are trillions of things to do.

I'm in my hotel room watching No Country for Old Men and I don't get it. Its also making me scared of the desert which I can see from my hotel window. Creepy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter