Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Incredible Shrinking Uterus

I left the hospital earlier this month looking about 6 months pregnant, which I had expected because all the books tell you that you will look 6 months pregnant when you give birth and that you better bring maternity clothes to go home in. Like I was planning on wearing my Levi's skinny jeans home or something.

Anyway, by 10 days post pardum, I was able to fit into some of my larger size regular clothes. Now my maternity clothes don't fit, but most of my regular clothes don't either, so I'm having a bit of a fashion crisis. Maybe I need to go shopping.

My abdomen, of course, bore the brunt of the weight gain. I expected that. But it seems my ass and hips got their share of it too. I had expected not to be able to button my old pants, but it's disheartening to not be able to get them over your hips. But, then again, since it's only been 3 weeks and I haven't exercised at all, I can't really complain. I may not have my old figure back, but you wouldn't know I was pregnant recently either. Plus, according to Hollywood standards, I still have 3 weeks before I have to be ready to walk the runway.

By the way, it's weird not being pregnant anymore.

Three more weeks until my 6 week post-pardum doctor's visit and at that, I'm expecting the green light to get back into an exercise routine. Which means I need to decide on a gym to join. In the meantime, I've got to start taking Rolo for regular walks. This week has been a complete wash because of the rain.

What they don't tell you is how completely exhausted you'll be after giving birth. I'm not talking about sleep deprivation--that's a whole other thing. I mean getting winded from walking up a flight of stairs. I mean walking 10 blocks and being quite certain you can't walk back home. You all know I was in shape, that I had been working out until about 3 weeks before Rolo was born. So it shocked me to be this weak for this long. Just in the last day or so, it's gotten better.

Baby steps, I suppose. No pun intended.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Because I love you, I must tell you that the word is partum, not pardum. It's like having spinach in your teeth- a friend will always tell you so you won't look silly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter