Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eateries

So this past weekend, as a break from all my unpacking, Deidre and I headed for manicures and pedicures. We tried out a new place and although the interior wasn't as nice as the place I used to go to in Rittenhouse, the staff was friendly and they did extra massaging. Which I enjoy.

Then we headed to La Scala's for a late lunch. I had been there once before and had the tortellini with prosciutto and peas in an alfredo sauce. It was wonderful. This time, Deidre and I opted to split a salad and pizza. We started with the arugula salad, but substituted provolone cheese for the gorgonzola cheese. I'm so not a fan of gorgonzola. Anyway, I LOVED the salad. The sun-dried tomatoes and the grilled eggplant were perfect with the arugala. We tried roasted peppers and ricotta cheese on our pizza. The pizza was definitely oily, but overall, it was fine. Not the greatest pizza I've ever had, not the worst. Next time I'd probably opt for a pasta dish instead.

Sunday morning, Ron and I made it to Sabrina's for breakfast. I had fresh OJ, Ron had coffee and we each ordered one of the specials. Mine was a raspberry-vanilla-lemon stuffed french toast with a pineapple berry sauce. It was HUGE and overall very good. But I didn't taste any pineapple in the sauce, or any vanilla in the toast for that matter. I think all the berries overpowered other flavors. Ron had the eggs benedict. They were okay, but they balance the ham on top of the egg, which just sort of makes it a pain to eat. Ron said the taste was fine, but definitely nothing to write home about. Plus, all said, with tip, it wound up being a $40 brunch and I've had better $40 brunches.

Yesterday I grabbed a sandwich at Au Bon Pain at 10th and Chestnut. It's the same as virtually every other Au Bon Pain I'm sure, except it's brand-new and totally chaotic. Like, seriously, there seem to be an insane number of people working there and yet orders are lost or wrong. I hope they get their act together. I only ever get the caprese sandwich at Au Bon Pain, and I was kind of hoping that post-delivery, Ron will be able to run down and get me one.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter