Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Baby Furniture? Not Going So Well Either

We really want black furniture for the baby's room, which we've realized greatly limits our options. Only certain brands carry black and even those that do might carry a black crib, but no other furniture in black. And what good is that? Ron's now dead set against the Babies R Us furniture, so as I've mentioned, we're on the hunt for new stuff--which will never get here by the time the baby's born, but whatever.

So we found a set we really like that comes in black, but it's pricey. We found another set by the same company that's nice enough and more affordable, but doesn't come in black. It comes in a cherry color, which is okay, but you know, it's not black. Based on our new resolve to be more economical (this on the heels of a Bugaboo purchase), we decide to get the set in the cherry. Stupid cherry.

But then I go online and I see the set in ebony! Ebony is black! I am elated. A more affordable set from a decent company AND it comes in black! What more could I want?

For them not to have discontinued it, as it turns out. Would it have killed the company to stop advertising discontinued colors? Now I guess we're back to the stupid cherry.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Star said...

I love the set you really like that comes in black. It is so neat and has great lines.

The other is really nice too. Why so into black? I mean, me, I heart the black, but is that coming from Ron only or are you set on black too?

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

I was the one really pushing the black--I actually think I was prioritizing color over style in some cases. But Ron totally bought into the black too.

But now, we're all about the cherry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter