Monday, June 25, 2007

It's Raining Babies

I have the great fortune to have surrounded myself with some of the most wonderful people in the world. My husband, in-laws and several of my friends threw me a baby shower on Saturday. It was completely overwhelming.

I had figured that I'd eventually have some sort of shower. What I didn't expect was that so many people would pitch in and work together to make it happen. I can't quite put into words what I was feeling, but I love that the different people in my life get along and any walls that separate my social circles are coming down. Even my brother was there (it was a Jack& Jill type shower) and I about fell over when I saw him.

People were really generous and got most everything we needed. Ron, proving once again that he's not as dumb as I might think sometimes and really is the best husband in the world, got me a Bugaboo Frog in red, which I call my 'Boo. I'm thrilled. I started bawling, not just because the sight of a Bugaboo was so beautiful, but because it hit me at that moment that Ron, my in-laws and my friends must have gone through so much effort to plan all this. Being surrounded by people who care about you is a wonderful thing.

I am a lucky, lucky girl.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:17 PM, Blogger Star said...

It was the least lame, most fun shower I have been to, and I even wrapped proscutto around melon!

I was so glad to be there and be a part of that special day.

When you talked about marrying into a great family, etc...I was bawling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter