Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More With the Reading

So the other day, I stumbled upon a Barnes & Noble on the Main Line that was going out of business. Apparently they don't read out there on the Main Line. Anyway, everything was 30-50% off and they still had most books in stock. I had to restrain myself and walked out with just 6 books.

In other news, I didn't really enjoy the ending of "The Memory Keeper's Daughter". I loved the first two thirds of the book but that last third just lost me.

I just finished "The Road" By Cormac McCarthy. I tore through it in two days and all the things you've heard about it are true. It is powerful and it is haunting. It is not, however, recommended reading if you are already in a dark place. I am not in a dark place and yet, I've had nightmares the last two nights and a general feeling of being on edge. I think I'm correct in attributing these things to the book.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I'm trying to get everyone I know to read The Road. It's amazing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter