Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Insanity Begins

So, I started packing last night. That's big fun. Now I get to spend the next three weeks tripping over boxes in my apartment.

One of the benefits of marrying into a large family: I called a moving company yesterday and had a nice conversation with the owner. I decided to tentatively reserve the date with him, saying that I needed to double check with my husband. Let's just pretend our last name is Smith. The following conversation ensues, as the the owner of the moving company takes my information:

Moving dude: Smith? I know some Smithes.
Me: Oh yeah, there's a lot of them out there, but we're probably not the ones you know.
Moving dude: Well, my last name is Canter...
Me: Wait a minute, are you related to Lou Canter?
Moving dude: That's my grandfather and my grandmother is Josephine.
Me: Get out of town! Josephine was at my bridal shower last year. Do you know Felix Smith?
Moving dude: Yeah I know Felix!
Me: Well, I'm married to his son, Ronnie.
Moving dude: No way! Oh, we'll do the move for you for a 20% discount!

See, with my own family, that would never happen, because there are like 5 of us and half aren't speaking to the other half. But with Ron's side, everyone's family. Ron's likely never even met this moving dude. But you know, family gets discounts!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I love this. So cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter