Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Disturbing

They say the scale doesn't lie. Well, I'd like to shoot them. And the scale, for that matter.

Somehow I'm now 5 pounds heavier than last month. Which is more than I've weighed in awhile. What's most disturbing is that I've gained 10 pounds since the wedding. I'm not even sure how that's possible. It's only been two months. At this rate, it will not be a pretty site, 4 or 5 months from now.

So I'm going to try to take stock of what I'm doing wrong. I don't feel like I've been eating any worse than usual. I mean, overall, I eat pretty well. But since I don't diet and don't believe in obstaining from dessert, it's not like it's all healthy eating either. And there are the cocktails, which most likely don't help.

And while I didn't work out for two weeks while we were away and while I was slow to get back on the bandwagon after that, I did get back on. Well, not as hardcore as pre-wedding. I had been going regularly, but only in the evenings. I need to add some mornings back in. Since I've been out of town several weekends, I guess I've been skipping a lot of my weekend cardio too.

To add insult to injury, my darling husband looks at me this weekend and says, "You know, you've lost some of the definition in your arms." Granted, I knew that, because I was only lifting once a week and to keep up that kind of definition, you just need to do it regularly. But I still didn't want other people noticing I lost definition. So it's back to lifting.

Sooo..... Mondays are morning workouts and evening workouts. Tuesdays are morning cardio and evening Pilates. Wednesdays are morning and evening. Thursdays are morning cardio and evening Pilates. Friday is morning only. Saturday is power yoga and Sunday is stretching. Lifting should occur Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I am however flexible. I can opt to skip one cardio session a week (this usually seems to be a morning for me) and I can skip pilates if going out with friends. In fact I can skip any evening, as long as I go that morning. And I can add in a Friday evening cardio if I know I'll be away Saturday and Sunday. And it really doesn't matter what days lifting happens, as long as it's 3 days a week and ideally, there should be a non-lifting day in between each.

All this so I can eat shoestring fries and nachos whenever I want.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger Star said...

I am disturbed too, not by you but by myself. I am seriously considering joining the gym this summer, so I can take some pool classes since that is what everyone is telling me is best for gimps like me. I haven't hated the scale in years, and girl I am hating it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter