Thursday, May 18, 2006

Fancy Schmancy

People, can we talk? I need dress advice. I need a dress for Ron's upcoming resident dinner gala at the Ritz (see? I said it was fancy). We missed the one last year because we were on vacation getting engaged (sidenote: isn't it weird that I haven't even been engaged for a year yet and I'm already married?). Anyway, as usual, my go-to place for dresses is my one true love: Ann Taylor.

Here are the options:
Natasha
Doris
Blaire
Magnolia
Julia
Kim

What do you think?

I'm the most drawn to Blaire, even though I've never really been able to wear halters without looking like Sir Frumpsalot. For some reason I'm drawn to this one, but would definitely need to try it on. I love Julia, and black is safe, particularly for a cocktail-type party, but it's spring and I'd like some color. I also love Magnolia, but I do have a black and white flowered dress. Two black and white flowered dresses actually, so I should probably stay away from this one (for the record the two I already own are very different style dresses). And Kim is cute but almost too casual. Doris is just screaming with color (I'm not sure I can pull that off) but I am a sucker for duponi silk.

And in case you're wondering, no, I cannot already wear one of the dresses I already own. Please. With all the weddings we go to, everyone's already seen me in every single one of those dresses.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Star said...

My immediate pick is Magnolia, that was before I read the rest of your post. I love that dress and think you would look fantastic in it. After reading the end of your post I say, go for COLOR.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter