Monday, May 22, 2006

The Bad Habit

Right before the wedding, I was rewarding myself for not freaking the fuck out by indulging in some tasty treats. These included those frozen coffee drinks from Starbucks and Cosi. I've since gotten away from those. But the bad habit that's stuck with me is that I'm still having a muffin from WaWa every morning at work. First, it's chocolate chip. Second, it's as big as my head. Since I have a bowl of whole grain cereal in the morning before work, having a big ol' muffin two hours later is really some carb overload. Yet, I feel like I need to munch on something while I drink my coffee. Donuts are out, because I've gone down that slippery slope before. And it's not exactly like something healthy like fruit goes with coffee.

So my plan is to play this little head game with myself called "Justification by the Day of the Week". On Monday, I can have a muffin, because Mondays are hard and I deserve a little extract boost that day. I might be able to justify the same for Tuesdays and Wednesdays (Wednesdays are the most productive day of the week for me and hence I deserve a treat). There's really no excuse to have a muffin on Friday, because it's Friday, the day before the weekend. Since nothing can really go too wrong on a Friday, because it's an inherently good day, no muffin for me. And since Thursday is the day before Friday, I should say the same thing about Thursday--no muffin.

Slowly, I might be able to wean myself off these things. Having put some weight back on post wedding as well as having taken it easy on the workouts, I'd like to get my body back in tip top shape for summer. Although I have been back at the gym regularly now, mornings are proving particularly difficult for some reason. This morning I skipped going for no good reason at all.

And the big chocolate chip muffin is not helping.

1 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Christy said...

My thinking is completely the opposite. I reward myself with treats on Friday as a congratulations for having made it through the week. Friday is the day when I am most likely to go to Dunkin and get a coffee and a donut or the day I'm most likely to go to Rita's for a misto and a cheese pretzel for lunch.

Interesting how our rationalization is completely different.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter