Monday, April 17, 2006

Moving

So I have to find a new place to live. I don't necessarily want to, but Ron will be working in the middle of bubblefuck New Jersey and really, he shouldn't have to commute an hour each way. We'll either need to move closer to the bridges on the east side of the city OR we'll have to move to New Jersey. I wouldn't mind moving to Jersey, but then I'd have a commute and I'm not really fond of that either.

There are so many things to consider that it's overwhelming:
Rent or buy?
Philadelphia or New Jersey?
If NJ, what part of NJ?
How do we factor in the extra costs of me owning a car, commuting via public transportation, etc?

Oy.

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Star said...

Isn't it bumblefuck, NJ? You crack me up sometimes. Of course my vote is that you guys move to the Old City-ish area, seems fair to me. That way you are right buy the bridges, no need fo ryou to get a car, still living in the coolest city around, and Christy won't have too much of an abandonment issue =)

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Hey, no fair picking on me in the comments.

I'll deal with my abandonment issues, thank you very much. Kelly and Michael have me well prepped for this sort of thing.

That said, my vote, of course, is for Philly. But then, I hate New Jersey except for the Shore.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

The problem with moving to Old City is that 2 bedroom apartments (and yes, we're determined to have 2 bedrooms) go for $2100 a month.

Oy. See, for that, I could have a morgage.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Star said...

So look to buy down there. Ah, problem solved. Now when you are done with your money tree, could we have it for a while =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter