Thursday, April 13, 2006

One of the most fun (and freezing) parts of the wedding day was taking pictures after the ceremony. We hit all the usual places in the city. When we got to the Art Museum, there were about 100 young women there for the Alex's Lemonade Stand charity. I found out later that the were a sorority from LaSalle University.

Anyway, as soon as I got out of the trolley in my big ol' dress, the girls went nuts. Lots of yelling congratulations and telling my how nice my dress was. I have to admit I totally ate it up. I mean we've all seen brides getting pictures taken right? And if you're close enough, maybe you say something nice. But I, like, WAS the bride this time. It was blowing my mind a little bit.

When the girls were packing up and getting ready to leave my photographer started yelling to them, "Do you want to get in a picture?" Of course they all did, because they thought being a bride was like the best thing EVER (c'mon, these were sorority girls, after all). And there I was, on the Art Museum steps, with my friends, looking out over the city, with a hundred screaming girls behind me. It was glorious:

PHOTO REMOVED BY AUTHOR.
Fortunately, while we were taking some photos, my brother-in-law actually got off the trolley and bought some lemonade. Alex's I think will be our new charity of choice. Thanks ladies!

And then one without the extras:

PHOTO REMOVED BY AUTHOR.

P.S. For limited periods of time, I'm posting pictures. They'll disappear after awhile. There are crazy people out there somewhere, and frankly, they don't need my photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter