Thursday, April 27, 2006

If the Music is Groovy

So this morning I was walking to work and the song "Do You Believe In Magic?" by the Lovin' Spoonful came on my iPod. And it immediately brought me right back to the wedding. That was the song that our parents and bridal party were announced to and I realized one of the most clear memories I have of that night is that song starting. Me, Ron, our parents and bridal party were all in the area right outside the ballroom and when that song started, we knew it was only a matter of moments before we'd be announced. I think we were all pretty excited. I remember holding Ron's hand and dancing in place as each couple was announced. When I hear that song, it brings me right back to that moment of watching the doors being opened and shut for each couple and the flashes of photography going off.


It got me to thinking about the other moments that stand out from that day:
-the music switching to U2's cover of "Everlasting Love" right before Ron and I were announced.
-seeing my friend Meg for the first time at the reception and running across the dance floor to hug her.
-my three wonderful bridesmaids sitting on the floor of a bathroom trying to clean my dress, and pretending like they didn't mind that they were sitting on the floor of the bathroom.
-Ron's friend Luke doing his "Michael Jackson" dance.
-Kimberly and the best man's wife, Cindy, heckling the DJ into playing "Dancing Queen."
-Sarah McLachlan's "Ice Cream" coming on for the cake cutting and Kimberly squealing "I love this song!"
-at least 12 different people asking me if I had eaten.
-Christy and Michelle coming over to our table during dinner to take a picture (and I could prove to them that I was eating).
-my dad telling me the DJ was really good while we were dancing.
-Seeing my mom and dad doing "the twist".
-Feeling so nervous when I was walking down the aisle with my dad that I wasn't even sure I could smile.
-How brilliantly blue the sky was.
-Almost cutting the wrong "cake".
-Being on the trolley. It was cold and bumpy--but I was loving it!

Not part of the wedding day, but one of my other favorite memories was the rehearsal dinner in general. All my friends were there and everyone seemed to have a really good time. The food was good and the drinks were flowing. It was just a really good vibe overall (of course I'm biased). I felt truly blessed that everyone I loved was around me. And better yet, I loved that everyone was getting along and seemed to enjoy each other's company. One of the qualities I love about Ron is his ability to get all his friends to also be friends with each other. He has a huge network of friends. I felt a little bit like I had accomplished that at the rehearsal dinner. I wished everyone lived closer, so we could always hang out like that. Friends as family and all that jazz.

Of course, my most favorite memory that night was Kimberly's husband John eating the meat sticks. I so wish I had a picture of that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter