Monday, April 24, 2006

Weekend Recap

Friday: BodyWorlds. Eh. I mean it was interesting but I can't quite bring myself to think of it as amazing. I also couldn't quite comprehend that these were real people. You could have put wax figurines in front of me and I would have been equally impressed. Some people were horrified at the embryo room. I'm not sure if I'm just morbid or unflappable or what, but it didn't phase me much. Again, interesting....but none of it really looked real, even though it was.

The Franklin Institute was open for 72 straight hours this weekend, so after the exhibit, we had free reign of the place. It wasn't crowded and you felt like you were in a museum after closing. It seemed naughty somehow. We had a great time running around all over the place. We didn't get home until about 1am.

Saturday: Went to Totowa to see Kimberly. We made many runs to Home Depot. Kim decided to paint her laundry room the color: kumquat. The only way to decribe this color is to imagine the most neon orange you can. Sort of like the Home Depot orange color. She picked it just because she likes saying the word kumquat. We downgraded her plan to use that color just on one wall, and put a slighly less intense orange called cantaloupe. Kim's husband just shook his head in disbelief. Ron drove up in the pouring rain to meet us all for dinner and we had a lovely time.

Sunday: Brunch with Kim and John. Then after driving home, we spent the late afternoon walking around the city and that's when we fell in love. We fell in love with Queens Village and Bella Vista. Sigh. I want to move there now. They're a bit closer to the bridges and there are some homes there we could actually afford. Granted, they're houses as big as shoeboxes, but we might actually be able to afford them.

I'm in love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter