Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V-Day

Happy stupid-holiday-that-I-don't-care-about!

I think the last time I enjoyed Valentine's Day was grade school, possibly high school, which is exactly who it's geared towards. And it's not about not having a Valentine. I wasn't one of those bitter women--I had a boyfriend for most Valentine's Days. But the holiday always seemed so obvious, so overdone, so tacky.

Ron staunchly rebuffs V-day. He feels strongly that the greeting card industry should not be able to dictate what day he says he loves me. That being said, I'm not expecting flowers or a present today. I can't be too greedy, since I have a piece of jewelry on my hand worth what most people pay for a car.

We are, however, going out to dinner tonight. Guess where? Ruby Tuesday's. Isn't that great? Just as tacky as the holiday. Plus their special Valentine's Day menu is a whopping $30 for two people. Bring on the nachos and chicken alfredo!

If you're celebrating today, I hope you have a good time. You won't have as much fun as we will, at Ruby Tuesday's. But I hope it's fun nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter