Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Unsatisfactory Situation

My obsession with Brokeback Mountain continues. I read the short story, "Brokeback Mountain" by Annie Proulx. I liked it immensely, better than the movie. Or perhaps I like it as a complement to the movie, even though the story came first. Regardless, Annie Proulx's telling of the tale of Jack and Ennis has a different vibe than the movie adaptation. Her use of language is wonderful and I found myself repeating some of the dialogue in the story outloud just to hear how it would sound.

From the story, I got a better sense of the bond and the love between Jack and Ennis. The movie is fairly true to the story, although some things occur in different sequences and there are many more details filled in for the movie.

I'm not sure why, but Jack and Ennis have stayed with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter