Tuesday, December 06, 2005

You Know Not the Day or the Hour

I got a call early this morning from a woman I work with, telling me that she got home last night to find her husband dead. He had been home sick from work and had been vomiting since Sunday night. She thought he had the flu. He was in his 50s.

I cannot imagine that. I cannot imagine coming home to find that. I cannot imagine having to deal with such a sudden and devastating loss.

What are you to do? You can't stay home with your spouse every time he or she is sick. You can't always be with him or her. You can't second guess all your decisions to work late, or not worry.

I raced to work this morning make arrangments for her not to be called for work-related things as she normally would be. And I cried nearly all the way.

1 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Christy said...

That is so terrible.

So sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter