Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Go Lean

So just to try something different, I bought Kashi's Go Lean Crunch cereal--to see what all the fuss is about. Oh, that's a lie. I didn't have the energy to go to Trader Joe's to get my generic cereal, so I went to the corner store to get the Post version, but they were out of it. So I picked up the Kashi.

A couple of things:

The Kashi cereal makes noise. I thought I was hallucinating after I poured the milk over the cereal, but no. My cereal was making noise. Did you know it did this? It's like the snap, crackle and pop of Rice Crispies. Only for grown-up concerned about fiber intake.

The other thing: I know why it's called "Go Lean". It's because you can't eat very much of it. Not because it doesn't taste good. It has an odd taste (and texture, actually) but it's not bad and that's not why you can't eat much of it. It's because its consistency is such that chewing it is a major effort. Like seriously. You could get lock jaw from this stuff. 18 hours later, my jaw is still sore.

Anyway, that's it for this public service announcement.

2 Comments:

At 4:46 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I can't get away from that stuff! Michelle eats it every day. I won't touch it since it looks like cardboard!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Star said...

Kashi-KASHI-K-A-S-H-I...GOOOOO KASHI!
I heart Kashi Go Lean CRUNCH!
Good for the body, good for the mind, and good for the colon! Hahahaha!
Eat up and enjoy the crunch, try not to chip a tooth though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter