Thursday, November 17, 2005

Happy Day

Last week, I baked two apple spice cakes. Two, because the first one I baked had the consistency of bread pudding.

So did the second one.

I've used this particular recipe at least half a dozen times, and I attributed the first flop to me being too liberal with some ingredient. But when the second one flopped as well, and after careful attention to the direction, I started to think my baking skills had left me.

Turns out, it was probably the oven, which has been my arch-nemisis for the last year. I've had to coax it into working by leaving the oven door open so that the pilot light will ignite all the burners underneath. It's been dying a slow, sad death.

But, happy day, my landlord finally called to say we're getting a new oven. Happy Day! It'll be delivered on Monday. Just in time for me to try baking that cake one more time before Thanksgiving. I'm delirously happy about this new oven!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter