Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Wishing for 22

I'm a reasonable person. Really. I have reasonable expections. I have a healthy perception about my body. I don't obsess about it. I'm an ideal weight for my height. Overall I'm happy with it. I know others struggle with weight loss and gain and that comparatively, I'm very lucky.

Bear all this in mind during this rant:

I work out every freakin day. I watch what I eat. I mean, I don't deprive myself, but I have freakin' YOGURT most days for lunch. So I like ice cream--I have it many nights after dinner. Not a whole pint, just some in a bowl. SO WHAT?!?! I think the freakin yogurt and whole grain shit cereal I have everyday should make up for that. And the fruit and vegetables. I can't bring myself to really "diet". No way I'm starving myself. I GRILL chicken though. And the working out every day. I bumped my workouts up from 30 minutes to 50 minutes most days. I lift weights. I do pilates. I've lost 18 pounds in the last year and a half. Okay, that's not alot, but I didn't have alot to lose to begin with. I know I'm thinner. I know I'm thinner because conversations like the following occur:
Me: Remember those capri jeans I love?
Ron: Um, no?
Me: You know the ones I've worn the last two summers? (picking up said jeans) These ones.
Ron: Oh yeah.
Me: They're too big. I need to get new ones.
Ron: You do not need to buy new ones.
At which point, I proceed to put said jeans on, and then slide them back off. Without unbuttoning or unzipping them.
Ron: New jeans it is then.

So why is it that despite weight loss, despite getting in shape, that NO BATHING SUITS FIT MY BODY???? It's like you hit 30 and all of a sudden there's just cellulite and rolls and sagging THAT JUST SHOULDN'T EXIST. My skin just doesn't fit on my body right anymore. I look fine in clothes, but put me in a bathing suit and it's like a freak show. I'm having a moment where I'm realizing the cold hard truth: no matter what I do, I'm never going to have the body of a 22 year old again. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN HAD KIDS! I shudder to think.

The moment is over. Thanks for listening.

1 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger Star said...

Hey Hotstuff!

I can't believe you lost 18 lbs. I knew you lost weight, but I actually would have thought it wouldn't be that much because you have built up so much muscle. Strong Work!

I don't know if there are many people who like themselves in a bathing suit, let alone naked.

There is no perfect body, even the seemingly flawless have their flaws. And lets face it, the bathing suit makers, put a little extra push and sqeeze into their products to make things stick out in weird places--they are in cahoots with the diet industry!

Forget the 22 year old body, you are a hottie now--embrace it and throw caution to the wind, skip the bathing suit and head to a nude beach! ha ha!

Hugs,
Michelle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter