Tuesday, May 17, 2005

It Didn't Rain

Last Saturday wound up being a completely glorious day, despite every weather forecaster calling for rain. I decided to take the opportunity to explore. There's a path that starts about 5 blocks from where I live. Ron said it goes up to the Art Museum and Boathouse Row, and he knows this because he runs it 2-3 times a week. Of course, I didn't believe him until I did the path myself. Because I'm just like that.

Indeed, the path does go up to the museum and over to Boathouse Row. It was one of those days when the city just seemed...beautiful. There was brilliance around every turn of the path. I wanted to soak in the sun for hours.

The Dad Vail Regatta was taking place so I didn't wander too far down Boathouse Row; it was quite crowded. Instead, I walked through the Azeala Garden behind the museum. There were 3 brides getting their pictures taken. It was a picture perfect day in a picture perfect setting.

Against my better judgement, I hiked up some rickety stone steps to an area behind the museum. When I eventually circled the building, I found myself at the bottom of the museum steps. I couldn't help myself; I was like a woman possessed. I took off, running up the steps while humming the theme to "Rocky". Hey, I never claimed to be cool.

It was an active day. I thought of my friend, Michelle. I used to take my ability to be active for granted. In fact, I was inactive often. Lazy, really. I like to think I'm not anymore. I don't take any of that for granted anymore. I learned that from Michelle, whether or not she knows it. She's one of the strongest people I know.

It didn't rain Sunday either. Damn weather people. Ron and I took in a Phillies game. I got a free Phillies blanket, which Ron has since taken as his own. I love the Phillies' stadium. Well, more correctly, I love the food at the stadium.

2 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Blogger Star said...

Hey D,

Great post. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

Thanks for the kind words, you are such a sweetie. I appreciate it.

Hugs,
Michelle

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Did you hear that a rower died at the Dad Vail? So sad- a college kid just collapsed at the end of the race.

Sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter