Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Morning Routine

My daily weekday morning routine goes something like this:

Depending on whether I'm going to the gym that morning or have early morning meetings, the alarm goes off at either 5:45 a.m. or 6:45 a.m.

Hit the snooze button at least once, while growling at my alarm clock.

If it's a day that I'm going to the gym, I get dressed, tripping over at least 3 items in my apartment, because WHY GOD, am I up this early? Then I do about 50 minutes of aerobic activity at the gym.

Each day proceeds pretty similiarly from this point on.

Start running water in the shower. While the water's heating up, I put coffee in the coffee machine and switch the "on" button.

Take a shower. Towel off, wrap towel around head. Pretend I'm an Arab shiek. Or a showgirl.

Look in mirror. Inspect face for new wrinkles. Pluck any stray eyebrow hair.

Now comes the good part: makeup. I LOVE putting on my face. I actually wear a fair amount of make up, but am fanatical about it looking natural. I wear eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, blush, sometimes a bit of bronzer. It takes all of 4 minutes. I have it down to a science.

Remove turban from head. Comb hair, apply gel.

Pour myself a glass of water and a bowl of cereal. Add in extra cranberries and almonds.

Watch CNN. Get bored, flip to the Weather Channel for "Local on the 8s". Flip to VH1. Get bored, flip back to CNN.

Wash cereal bowl and water glass. Pour cup of coffee. Pack my lunch.

Wander to my closet and ponder about what to wear.

Do 50 crunches and 30 push ups.

Plug in iron. Take several outfits out of closet and ponder some more. Do some ironing. Try a few things on.

Finish coffee.

Wash coffee cup.

Put lunch, shoes, wallet, etc. into work bag.

Watch more CNN and VH1. Get very excited when video for a song I like comes on. Do a little dance.

Get dressed. Watch more TV. After much mental debate, turn off TV.

Contemplate eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream in the freezer.

Check my work voicemails.

Put on my walk-to-work sneakers.

Grab my bag and I'm out the door.

Go back inside to turn off iron, and then I'm out the door.

Can't find keys: search the apartment.

Locate keys, I'm out the door, lock door, head downstairs.

Run back upstairs, unlock door, shut off coffeemaker.

I'm out the door. Really this time.

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Blogger Christy said...

And evidently, this week, once you're out the door, you run into me!

Hope the office move is going well.

Let's try to get together next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter