Monday, July 07, 2008

Swimwear

I have a confession to make. Just about every swim suit I own came from Victoria's Secret. I swear, they are all tasteful, but they were VS nonetheless. Department stores never seemed to have a good selection and frankly, I didn't know where else to look. It's not like there are a plethora of swimsuit stores around here. I tried a J.Crew swimsuit once but the problem there is that every suit (and actually, this often goes for their clothes too) is for someone with no boobs.

My boobs may be considerably smaller than they were pre-baby, and joy of joys, gravity has totally taken over. So even more than before, I need, er, support. J.Crew is not familiar with this. And due to my new found anxiety about what a mom should wear, I don't think a swimsuit from Vicky's is going to cut it either.

I got a catalogue from Athleta recently and you know, their bathing suits aren't bad looking. There's a good selection, particularly of tankinis (which are my new best friend) and because it's geared towards athletes, it seems like there would be a good amount of support. I particularly like the Moroccan Tile tankini and the Victorian Scroll tankini.

Plus, I do enjoy some of their beach dresses and yoga gear. I feel a buying spree coming on.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Christy said...

I bought my tankini from Lands End 4 or 5 years ago. It's black and very simple. Last summer, I bought a $10 skirt that goes over from Lands End Irregulars. It was so cheap because even though it is a size Large, it is marked Medium. I'd pay alot for my clothes to be marked smaller than they are so imagine my delight at getting this for a bargain.

I am, though, very tempted to buy a new suit. I love that you can order by cup size now. That is so smart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter