Monday, February 11, 2008

That's Dedication All Right

Just about every morning I walk through Washington Square, while taking Rolo to daycare and I choose this route purposefully because I think it's nice to get to walk through a park every day. Anyway, every morning there are about 5-7 elderly Asian men and women doing some form of exercise in the park and they all seem to know each other, although they are working out separately. Some are speed-walking, others are doing what appears to be a combination of calisthenics and martial arts. During the winter, they do these exercises while wearing parkas.

This morning I thought for sure I would not see them. But no, I was mistaken, there they were. Although, it seemed they were all speed-walking. I can't blame them. It's 12 degrees out with a wind chill of -4. I'm not even trying to exercise but I was doing a little speed-walking myself.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Yes, they are quite dedicated. That is until a small bulldog (sometimes in a fur coat) decides that the groups of Asian people doing their synchronized movements are more entertaining than the puppy bowl. So entertaining, in fact, that said bulldog must sit and watch them. She won't budge. This makes the Asian people stop, point at her, laugh and then say something to me in what I guess is Mandarin but hell if I know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter