Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Currently Coveting

This coat in green from Land's End. However, I need another spring coat like I need a hole in my head.

This bag, right now on sale, from Vera Bradley. Also, I wouldn't mind this one.

Lastly, it dawned on me last night that instead of lugging a heavy leather tote bag to and from work (along with my soon-to-be-history pump bag), it would be much easier for me to have a messenger bag. Particularly when nagivating the city with a stroller. The tote bag straps slipping off my shoulders every time I try to open a door and push the stroller through is extremely annoying. Why a messenger bag didn't dawn on me, oh say, six months ago, I'll never know.

I need something that's professional enough for meetings at work, preferably that I could wear just over my shoulder (when not pushing a stroller) instead of across my body. But it also has to be something I can bring with me when I go out for drinks after work (in the rare instances that may ever happen again). So, I thought this one, maybe. I do enjoy me a Coach bag. Then again, my current tote is Coach and it kind of weighs a ton, even with nothing in it. So I'd need to actually have this one in my hands to make a decision on it. Another possiblity comes from my other aforementioned go-to bag designer, Vera, with this option. The problem with this bag, of course, is the crazy ass colors. Most Vera bags already look pretty casual because they're quilted cotton, but throw in a hot pink paisley and I would have to be pretty brave to show up to a meeting with that. Why can she not make one in plain black? That being said, I do enjoy the Yellow Bird color. It's kind of crazy, but in a more elegant way than some of the others.

I think, maybe, it just might work.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 6:49 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Coach is on my last nerve. Last year with what I believe will be my last bonus (fingers crossed but hope is low for this year), I splurged on a gorgeous coach french purse wallet. It was $275 - more than I ever spent on a wallet and even handbag (until later in the year when I set foot for the first time in Louis V and totally converted forever). This will be a long comment, FYI. Well I was IN LOVE with the french purse wallet - it had the stripe pattern lining in the change purse and was violet on the inside, black on the outside. Within six months, the leather STARTED TO WEAR!!! I saved up for a LV wallet and then took it back to be mended only to find out it couldn't be fixed. That was the pits and the end of me and Coach leather goods (except for shoes). OH the non-sporting group is on the Westminister Dog Show now - BULLDOGS!!!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Meg said...

Another p.s. = That was my first Coach work bag. If it wasn't WORN ON THE EDGES, I would give it to you. It did give me years of good wear (and good work vibrations).

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Meg said...

pps - i like commenting all at once three weeks later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter