Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sick

I don't think there is a celebrity I feel more sorry for than Britney Spears. I know the media hype is partially of her own creation, but I also feel that her situation is being mismanaged by her handlers. Lots of celebrities slip into rehab with no one knowing until after they've been admitted. This girl needs a motorcade just to get to the hospital.

While substance abuse may also be at play here, it seems pretty obvious at this point that there is also a mental health problem and for that reason, I think this separates her from most celebrities. Lots of famous folks have some self-induced downfall, but with Britney, I feel like maybe there are other forces at play here, things she can't control without therapy and/or medication.

It's just sad in her situation, that so many people are profiting from her breakdown.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter