Friday, February 01, 2008

Dolce

On Wednesday might, I went to Dolce with my friends, Christy, Star and Meg. Like my visit to FARMiCia, this was part of Restaurant Week. Star posted a review of the restaurant as well, and I agree with a lot of her sentiments. I think the food was all okay, some of it good even, but I wasn't bowled over. The filet mignon was good, but unimpressive. The ribeye I had at FARMiCia was more tasty and....really, the filet should have been better. I will say that the veggies that accompanied the steak were very good. Vibrant color, good crunch and flavor. But I noticed they were the same veggies that were served with Star's chicken marsala. Not that that's a problem per se, it just seemed a little lazy. Perhaps I'm overthinking this.

Anyway, the decor in Dolce is very modern and while that's nice, I think I've realized that I like my Italian restaurants to be the old-fashioned variety with red-and-white checked tablecloths. My Italian restaurant doesn't need to have a floor that lights up (I kept on having "Billy Jean" flashbacks).

One highlight, other than the fabulous company, was the Dolce martini. It involved pineapple juice and cinnanmon and while that might sound gross, I thought it was great.


All in all it was okay, and as Star indicated, probably better when it's not Restaurant Week. I wouldn't make a point of going there again, but I wouldn't avoid it entirely either.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 5:01 PM, Blogger Meg said...

I agree with everything you said. The filet - it was decent, but the sides were a total afterthought. My main complaint, which didn't surface until I read your post, is that I thought three of us got the filet - the marsala looked exactly the same. Weird.

On a non-restaurant week note, my crazy mother and i had lunch at Le Bec Fin today. I was VERY skeptical going in but it was seriously one of the best meals of my entire life. SO YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter