Monday, January 14, 2008

Tired and Going Blind

For the second night in a row, little Rolo has been waking up every couple of hours at night screaming his head off. He seems to be in some discomfort, but I can't tell why. Could be teething, although I don't feel any teeth. I'm also suspicious that carrots don't agree with him, as we recently introduced those to his diet. So tonight, we're banning the carrots, go back to sweet potatoes and we'll see what happens.

Getting up with Rolo is a more time-consuming process now, since I'm half-blind. My left eye looks like it's actually bleeding (lovely) and my eye socket is swollen to twice the size. My right eye is just red and looks like I've been drinking too much. When I had pink eye in just one eye, I was self-conscious, but at least you could tell there was something wrong with my eye. Now that it's in both, it looks like I've been crying and also, that Ron punched me in the face. Which could be why I'm crying, come to think of it. Anyway, now I'm really self-conscious about going out in public. More annoying is that in the middle of the night, it takes me about 5 minutes of trying to separate my eyelashes and putting a warm compress on my eye before I can go get the screaming baby.

I've been to Health Services at work, where I was told to only use compresses and artifical tears. And I've spoken with my doctor who prescribed eye drops, but concurred that if the conjunctivitis is viral, the drops won't do any good (so far they haven't). All I know is that it's been 8 days and I'm really fed up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter