Monday, November 05, 2007

Panicked

So this week, I have a rather large project going on at work and I have a couple of consultants coming in from Seattle to implement and train on said project. One consultant, I believe he is going to be with me every second I am at work this week.

Which has me panicked about pumping. I have a good relationship with those I work with, and I was able to discreetly let them know that I would be hanging a "do-not-disturb" sign on my office door twice a day. But this guy, this consultant guy, I don't really know him and I think the expectation is that we'll work in my office every day until lunch (which is whole other thing--do I need to go out to lunch with this guy?) and then again until the end of the day. I don't know how to discreetly say "Excuse me, but you need to leave my office because I need to whip out my boobs." How does one say that? Do I just bluntly tell him when he first arrives that I'm nursing (he does know that I'm just back from maternity leave) and that I'll need to excuse myself a couple of times a day? Or do I just wait and see if we take some breaks and see if I can sneak some pumping in without him knowing.

ARGH.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:35 AM, Blogger Christy said...

Can you get one of your employees to drop him a hint? Maybe they can get him out of your office every few hours.

BTW, you're a trooper for continuing to pump. How's the supply? Give us an update.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter