Monday, October 29, 2007

What a Mess

So it's not really a good idea to fuck around with horomones the week you're going back to work and sending your kid to day care for the first time. Coming off the pill mid-cyle has been a disaster. After one day of an increased milk supply, the whole damn point of this, the supply decreased again because I got my period. I forgot about that part, that the supply decreases during your period. And speaking of periods, mine is PISSED OFF. Like, back with a total vengence. I'm not pleased.

I am also not pleased because virtually none of my work clothes fit. Don't roll your eyes at me, those of you who think I lost all the baby weight, because I haven't. Wearing jeans and flip flops the last three months has allowed me to get lazy and not really realize (or maybe care) that a majority of my clothes don't fit. And like what am I supposed to do? I'm not wearing maternity clothes to work. I refuse. And I'd like not to have to buy a whole new wardrobe around this larger size. So far, it seems I have two pairs of pants and one suit that sort of fit. I have no idea what to do about this. I've actually gained weight since Rolo was born. Turns out I can out-eat my increased metabolism. I can't tell you how many meals were Tastykakes shoved in my mouth while holding a screaming infant. Clearly, I need to make better eating choices. Being back at work will probably help as I can bring in my lunch like I used to and eat it without worry about Rolo.

Speaking of work, it's my first day back in the office and Rolo's first day of daycare. Let's just get this part out of the way now: I cried. I knew I would, because have I not mentioned the crazy period from hell?

So there you have it. I'm probably anemic by now, my boobs are drying up, although I hope that's temporary, my clothes don't fit, I'm having wicked mood swings, I'm back in my roach-infested office and I cried all morning like you would think I was giving Rolo up for adoption or something. AND I'm working on 4.5 hours of sleep. It's great to be back in action.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Christy said...

You poor thing.

We'll get together this week. It won't fix anything that you just listed but wine and friends seem to help almost any situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter