Thursday, July 12, 2007

Update

I'm still here.

I'm taking some time off from work in the next few days to try to make some unpacking progress. Boxes are everywhere and I still can't get a handle on where to put everything.

We decided to get this baby furniture set in the cherry color. Actually, we're just getting the crib and dresser for now, until I can figure out how much extra space we'll have in the room.

I have swollen up like a balloon. I've gained 33 pounds, but I'm trying to attribute some of that to fluid and not to my nightly ice cream ritual. At first my ankles were gone. But now my hands, arms, legs and sometimes face decide to take part in the fluid retention party. It's pretty. My pressure is fine, so it's nothing to be alarmed by, but it takes a bit of a toll. This is why people avoid having babies in August. Apparently, I didn't get that memo.

Also, I'm not working out anymore, because not only did my gym membership expire, but even if I had a gym accessible, I have zero time to dedicate to working out. With 3 weeks left to go, my priority is to organization.

At least today I'm feeling pretty positive. Yesterday I was convinced the world was coming to an end. Well, not really, but I was convinced that I was going to go into labor and have the baby sleeping in a U-Haul box. Today, however, I have more energy and will make some progress tonight. And then I plan on sleeping late tomorrow and dedicating the rest of the day to unpacking.

And then I'll reward myself with a dinner of guacamole and chips.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 3:50 PM, Blogger Christy said...

My mom said to tell you to drink lots of water.

Sorry about the swelling...that sucks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter