Friday, February 02, 2007

Videos

A couple of notes on videos.

  • It confuses me when a song has more than one video. Take "How to Save a Life" by The Fray, for instance. I saw one video for it for months, then suddenly a second one. Strangely, the second one looked less polished than the first so I wondered which was actually filmed first. I got my answer here and found out there's actually a third video I've never seen. Whenever I see a different video for a song than the one I've previously seen, I always wonder "Did the band not like the first video? Is the song so successful and they've gotten so much money that they wanted to do a better video?
  • I don't enjoy the new trend of treating videos like mini-motion pictures. A lot of videos are now starting with words like this scrolling across the screen "(Insert name of projuction company here) presents (insert artist name here) in (insert song name here)." Yeah, it's not a movie. It's a freaking video. It's not a movie star featured in a film; it's a singer, singing a song.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter