Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FriSatSun

Last night for Restaurant Week, Ron and I went to Friday Saturday Sunday, a place we had never been to that's right around the corner from us. My friend Star did a review of this same restaurant a few weeks ago for New Year's Eve.

It's super tiny inside and although it's cozy, I'm still not sure why it's heralded as one of the most romantic restaurants in the city. I think it might have something to do with the fact that at some tables you sit adjacent to, instead of across from, your date.

The food was great. I got the asparagus in with a chunky tomato vinigarette and Ron got the Thai salad with chicken. I thought the salad might have a peanut sauce of sort, but it was something citrusy instead. Ron really liked it and I have to say the chunky tomato vinigarette was super-yummy.

It was a limited menu because of Restaurant Week, and some of the entrees seemed boring. The only seafood was a broiled salmon with lemon aioli and although Ron loves seafood he thought that would be super bland. We both got the filet mignon is a mushroom demi glaze. We ordered them each cooked a different way and both were done to perfection. Very flavorful and just the right amount of sauce.

For dessert, I ordered the banana bread pudding with some sort of whiskey cream sauce and Ron got the marble cheesecake with raspberry puree. The bread pudding was kind of heavy, but bread pudding tends to be. I think I just wasn't in the mood for it once I ordered it. I should have gone with the mocha creme brulee. The cheesecake was very good though, fluffy and not too dense.

Once I can drink again, I want to go to Tank Bar which is upstairs from the restaurant. This weekend, I've apparently been booked to go to the Melting Pot in Valley Forge. There are some things I can't eat on that menu, and it's shared food, so we'll see how this goes.

1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Star said...

Way to go. Restaurant Week is an awesome opportunity to try new places. Maybe next time we can pick a new place and the four of us can go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter