Monday, January 29, 2007

Conversations

R: Next time we'll do in vitro, so we can weed out all the bad stuff.
Me: Yeah, I'm not really down with that. It's like messing with nature.
R: Yeah, um, everyone who has in vitro is sort of messing with nature. Plus, we could decide if we want a boy or a girl depending on which this one is.
Me: I don't think they can do that yet.
R: Yeah, it's probably illegal.
Me: I don't think it's illegal. Unethical and immoral possibly, but I'm not sure it's illegal. For now, I think people are still weirded out enough by genetically building a baby to agree that even if we could do it, we shouldn't. I'm sure that will change though.
R: Yeah, people will get used to the idea and then everyone will want genetically perfect babies.
Me: They'll probably be picking out hair and eye color some day too. A bunch of blond haired, blue-eyed babies running around.
R: (blinking)
Me: (blinking)
Me: Yeah, that was kind of what Hitler was after huh?

2 Comments:

At 3:55 AM, Blogger Star said...

Way to slam my job there D.

 
At 6:10 AM, Blogger DJ Heavy D said...

Oh my God, are you building genetically perfect babies? Why didn't you tell me?

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter