Tuesday, January 16, 2007

See Ya Real Soon

Well, I survived.

It wasn't as bad as I thought. Sure, there were brief moments of frustration with the in-laws and there were times where I would have killed someone to get a moment of quiet. All in all, though, I enjoyed it.

I'll tell you one thing: going to Orlando is anything but relaxing. Sure, there are palm trees, but other than that, you might as well not be in Florida. It's tacky as hell and there are so many neon lights you could mistake it for Las Vegas. All you can eat buffets and 99 cent gift shops abound. My senior high school trip was to Orlando and not much has changed.

The house we stayed in was nice and big. Each bedroom had its own bathroom, which made living with 8 other people besides my husband bearable. Of course, two of three children woke up at 5:30am each morning, so let's just say the days started early.

As far as Disney goes, we did all 4 parks, but Epcot was by far my favorite. I loved the countries. We also went to Sea World--where they give out free beer, by the way--but Ron was sick one day and we didn't wind up going to Universal.

If you don't know me, I tend to go by the saying, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do". Or "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em". It's what made me, a naturally introverted person, really get into RA training back in college, complete with goofy skits and zip-lines from tree to tree (don't ask). So, it didn't surprise me that I actually bought Minnie Mouse ears and wore them around the Magic Kingdom.

I know, I know, I said to kill me if I did something like this. But I got the ears for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not above acting like an idiot in the right setting. And secondly, I knew my nieces and nephew would get a kick out of it. In fact, all my in-laws, who were worried the whole time that I wasn't having fun, thought seeing me in Minnie ears was hysterical. Who can blame them?

So I'm back. I'm going to try to recharge my brain cells over the next couple of days. The work load piled on my desk will probably leave me unable to have any fun this week, but I'm desperately in need of a happy hour with the ladies.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Christy said...

I am not at all surprised that you were in Minnie ears.

Can't wait to see pictures!

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minnie shall be your new name!

I am so glad you are back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter