Thursday, December 28, 2006

Year End

I feel like I should be doing some sort of wrap-up post here or something. Whenever I try to do that, I always feel like I'm underachieving somehow.

So instead of listing things I did or wanted to do, here are some of my favorite memories from 2006:
St. Patrick's Day--which happened to be the night of our wedding rehearsal dinner. It was at McCormick & Schmick's and all our close friends and family were there. I had a blast.

My wedding--lots of it is blurry, but I remember how gloriously blue the sky was, particularly when Ron and I were taking pictures at the Art Museum.

The Hawaii tosties and Amstel Bright in Curacao.

Driving around during our honeymoon. I can't tell you how many times we got lost, but it sure was an adventure, complete with goats, cows, lizards, wild dogs, old churches and some of the most stunning landscapes I've ever seen.

The Italian Festival in June. So much good food and laughter at bocci. Also, my brother-in-law was totally wasted at Bingo and was screaming the numbers back at the 90 year-old announcer. Good times.

The Summer Cocktail Series. We didn't branch out to as many places as we said we would--actually off-hand I can't remember going anywhere besides El Vez and Vintage. Of course, that Meg was in love with the guy in the Vintage bathroom was pretty funny. At any rate, I always looked forward to these nights out.

Driving down to Maryland, to the trailer down by the river. When you're driving through the country backroads at sunset, the cornfields really do look like fields of gold.

Running around Chicago with Ron. After his two-day exam was over, he and I did just about every possible touristy thing in one day: Hancock building, Sears Tower, deep dish pizza, an architecture tour, Navy Pier, Millenium Park. I know the reason we were really there was for Ron's exam, so it wasn't nearly as much fun for him as it was for me, but it was one of the best trips I've been on.

Speaking of trips, our fall trip to Mystic, CT and Newport, RI was another favorite in the 2006 memories. I had been to Mystic before as a kid and I think it's fun to rediscover a place as an adult. Things seem so much larger when you're younger. I think I just really enjoying exploring places with Ron. He makes everywhere more fun somehow.

Our cocktail party in November. I've always admired how Ron is able to bring together friends from every phase of his life. At that party, I saw Meg (my friend from high school), Kim and John (my friend from college and her husband), along with Michelle and Christy (friends from the city here) all having a great conversation. It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

All in all, I had a fabulously fun year. Lots of time with my friends, and I was able to go on several out-of-town excursions. I have a feeling 2007 will hold even more adventures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter