Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Curacao

So I was daydreaming about my honeymoon today. Nice people, lovely architecture, beautiful beaches, loads of time to rest and relax. One of the best finds there is the Amstel Bright, which isn't sold in the United States. It looks very much like Corona but it's lighter somehow.

Another thing I miss are the Hawaii tostis. It's like a grilled cheese with ham and pineapple. I've actually recreated them here at home, but it's just not the same somehow. I can't tell you how many afternoons we spent on the beach having Amstel Bright, Hawaii tostis and fries with mayo. They put mayo on everything down there and I swear it just worked for some reason.

Other odd things I ate there included broodje frikendel and bitterballen. I didn't know exactly what these were at the time, but I knew that they weren't for those who are a bit squeamish about where their meat comes from. They were tasty though.

I hope I get to go back there someday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter