Monday, November 27, 2006

The Decision

Over the last four days I've eaten the following:
apple pie
pumkin pie
eclairs
cookies
birthday cake
sweet potato pie
potato chips and dip
pretzels and dip
tortilla chips and dip
cannoli
birthday cake (again)

Yeah, between Thanksgiving and two birthday parties, things got a little out of control. This list doesn't even include the actual meals I've consumed--none of which were particularly healthy.

So I'm taking control. I'm going back on South Beach. Two weeks of no carbs. This is going to be difficult since I'm baking cookies non-stop. In fact, Deidre and I are baking cookies Sunday and I'm going to have to restraint myself. Technically, that also means no alcohol. That I have a dinner party on Saturday that will involve mucho wine will test my resolve on this one. I did South Beach in December last time too. And I distinctly remember the no carbs thing sucking royally when there's so many treats and drinks to be hand this time of year. But it's only two weeks, then I'll slowly add some things back in. I can handle two weeks. Right?

So this, combined with my usually exercise routine, should do the trick. It's going to stink a little bit, but honestly, I feel so unhealthy right now, I'm ready for it. I've gained 10 pounds since the wedding and I'd like to lose at least half of that by the new year.

Stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Meg said...

YOU MUST EAT AND DRINK AT MY PARTY OR I'LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU! One day won't kill you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter