Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Shoes

So I went to Macy's in search of the following kinds of shoes I'm in need of:
1. black sporty flats
2. brown semi-dressy flats--something I can wear with nicer jeans; I virtually have no brown shoes other than Puma sneakers and one pair of slingbacks I wear at work.
3. black pumps--I have a ton of slingbacks and I need a full shoe to wear with suits now that it's colder (well, it's actually 70 degrees today, but in theory it should be colder).
4. brown pumps--the aforementioned brown slingbacks are nice enough but, again, I need a full shoe.

Here's what I came home with:
1. knee-high, low-heeled black boots (to wear with skirts)
2. mid-calf, skinny-heeled black boots (to wear with jeans)
3. black suede, 1" heel pumps with an ankle strap

Yeah, so...I didn't really get anything I needed. To justify, I've been looking for low-heeled (not flat) knee-high boots for 2 seasons now. I could never find anything I liked or if I did, they were outrageously expensive. The leather on these boots is so fantastic I almost licked them AND they were on sale. AND I had a coupon. The black suede shoes can be worn for work with skirts, but they weren't exactly what I was looking for. They were, however, only $30. I have absolutely no excuse for the mid-calf boots other than they looked great and were super comfortable.

Unfortunately, this still means I really need to purchase at least the black casual flats and brown flats (I have all these clothes that need to be worn with brown shoes and I have NO suitable brown shoes!). I need shoes I can wear every day. Anyway, so this means I need to spend more money. Which I am angry about since Christmas is right around the corner and so far I've only purchased one gift. I also need to buy a new laptop because mine is completely dying a sad, and virus-filled death, I fear.

So, I shouldn't have bought all these shoes today. I feel guilty. But I also haven't really bought shoes in a long time.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

nice post....Previously i used to search variety of shoes, but after started buying timberland shoes i found enormous variety in them...iam happy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter