Friday, October 06, 2006

Blog

Because I am a complete and utter loser, I read Dooce every day. As you can see, she's linked to my sidebar. I usually take comfort in the fact that I'm not nearly as melodramatic or messed up as that family is. Her writing is witty and sometimes makes me laugh out loud and that's why I keep reading. And occasionally she writes things that echoes my own thoughts, only she was able to put them into words in way that I cannot.

Today is not one of those days. I readily admit I don't understand depression, having never suffered from any other depression other than situational myself. Sometimes Dooce scares me and this is one of those days. For all her tendencies to be melodramatic, I think there is a sadness there that is so genuine, you feel it in your own heart.

1 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Because I have been struggling so much with my own depression, it was very painful to read her post today.

I am so worried about her. And that tells me how sad I must seem to those around me. Depression is a terrible disease.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter