Thursday, September 28, 2006

Energy

I do not know what the hell is wrong with me today but I've got all sorts of energy. And of the positive and happy variety, which is really weird because I got my period today. There. Isn't that more than you wanted to know about me? I'm only mentioning it because if there's one day I'm usually sluggish and bitchy it's the day the big "P" comes to town.

But not today. All sorts of energy. I actually went to the gym AND cleaned my entire kitchen, including washing down the walls, before breakfast this morning. Maybe I'm manic. This energy is also piggybacking my love-of-fall attitude over the last week. I was reading the new issue of Cooking Light last week which was chock full of great autumn recipes and since then, I've been all into baking and cooking. I've been to the grocery store twice since then and my apartment is packed with food. I've never been one to cook many types of meat, other than chicken, but now I'm going to try. I've got pot roasts, brisket, pork ribs and pork tenderloin waiting to go. I can't wait to bust out my new slow cooker. Earlier in the week, I made a Homestead Pear Crisp, which didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, mostly because I used steel-cut oats instead of regular oats. Ouch. Anyway, I'm trying the pear thing again tonight with a Amaretto-Pear Strudel. We'll see how that goes.

There are so many things I want to do this weekend. We have a pig roast (what does one wear to a pig roast?) later in the day on Saturday, so I'm hoping we can go out to Lancaster early to do some antiquing and then head to the roast from there. Sunday I'd love to hit the Italian Market, not because we need anything per se, but just because we never really go and it's a chance to be outside on what, hopefully, will be a great fall day. Sunday will also be a great day to make a nice, hearty Sunday-night meal while the man of the house watches football. At some point during the weekend I'd also like to pick up potting soil to re-pot the plants, something I never got around to doing in the spring.

Well, I've got to run and polish all the furniture in my office!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter