Friday, September 29, 2006

Pop Culture

A couple of random things I'm currently interested in on TV.

I love, love, love the Jimmy Dean commercials. Don't know why. I just find them endearing.

Hinder. Are you familiar with this band? I find them to be very, very sad. At first I thought they were just making a pathetic attempt to revive rock ballads. Then I saw their video. Clearly, the lead singer thinks he's Steven Tyler in this video. He's not Steven Tyler though. His name is Austin Winkler. Honey, there's only one cool Winkler and that's Henry--nobody with the last name Winkler other than The Fonz could possibly be cool. Then I saw Hinder was featured as a "You Oughta Know" band where both the voice-over guy and the members of the band refer to Hinder as hard-core, nasty-ass and all about sex.

Note to Hinder: you're on VH1.

1 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it interesting that they claim to be trying to "bring back rock", and then they come out with a cheesy ballad.

You know when they start modernizing the Monster Ballads collection, this band will be first on the list. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Blog Counter